Blue Moon
This Saturday night is a blue moon. This occurs on average about every 2 1/2 years so its a rare event. I'm home alone for the weekend (not a rare event) with nothing special planned. Its too bad. It would be nice to celebrate such a novel event in some way. Maybe I'll go out and howl on the deck when the moon shows its face (assuming the clouds go away long enough). I wonder what my neighbors would make of that? I'm actually pretty good at howling. Back as an undergrad I used to go out late at night to our wolf colony and keep track of wolf behavior. The train tracks weren't far from our colony. The trains would always make the wolves howl. I took to howling with them when they did. They seemed to enjoy it and I know I did. Sometimes they would howl just for the joy of it.

5 Comments:
I love howling at the moon. My sister and I used to go lie on the picnic table (when there was a full moon) and howl. We're a little nutty like that :)
Sorry you're going to be alone. I'll have to figure out a way to celebrate this event. What does the blue moon signify?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I found two websites that discuss it.
http://www.obliquity.com/astro/bluemoon.html
http://www.griffithobs.org/IPSBlueMoon.html
I'll cyberhowl along with you!!! Woooooo Woooooowooooo
Post a Comment
<< Home